1/12/2007

The Illusionist


The Illusionist: Ed Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Jessica Biel star in this drama/mystery centered around a magician in the early 1900s. We open up on a young Eisenheim (Norton) learning his magic and falling in love with a women of a higher class. We then fast forward to when Eisenheim is an adult and filling theaters up to see his mysterious shows. All is good until he runs into his old love. The film has a very authentic look to it. The filmmakers did an excellent job conveying to us how the people back then must have felt about the mystifying illusions they were seeing. My only complaint would be that this movie about magic did not trick me as much as I would have liked. Even still this is an easy film to recommend just for the intrigue…..

“Pick it Up”

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite movies of the year. Great illusion, and fantastic acting. I was excited throughout the whole movie.

    ReplyDelete