10/15/2007

1408 DVD Review


1408: Mike Enslin, an author who writes about ghosts and supernatural occurrences checks into a hotel room (1408) that is believed to be haunted. Playing this ghostwriter is none other than John Cusack (I understand if you stop reading at this point). Normally I walk right by this title, but being October and being in the Halloween spirit – I gave it a spin. I enjoyed it……better yet, I did not feel any urge to do bodily harm to Mr. Cusack after viewing it (I’m not a Cusack fan). The story has a little more substance to it than the normal “scary house” movies. The pacing of the film is perfect, building up slowly to a frenzy of activity in room 1408. I would have liked to see the “scare factor” raised up a bit more, but even still – this is an engaging watch.

“Pick it Up”

No comments:

Post a Comment