1/15/2008

Live Free or Die Hard

Live Free or Die Hard: What the hell does that title mean? Are those my only choices? Speaking of choices, I made a bad one when I picked this title up. After hearing some good things I was actually excited to give it a spin. I found the latest John McClane adventure to be ridiculous. A computer hacker breaks into the US system causing corruption on every level. He starts with the transportation system, producing traffic jams in every corner of the DC area…..well except for where he is driving his computer filled semi truck – convenient. The action, which the series is known for, is just over-the-top. At one point Bruce Willis is on the wing of a fighter jet as it circles down to a fiery crash. Another big sequence sees Willis hop out of a speeding car with excellent alignment. The car stays straight as an arrow for another 300 feet – finally driving up a ramp and crashing into a helicopter in mid-air. I waited 2 hours to hear the damn “Yippie-kay-yay” line and even that was a letdown.

“Kick it to the Floor”

Queue Rating { 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 }

No comments:

Post a Comment