1/14/2010

Moon on DVD

Moon: Sam Rockwell plays Sam Bell, a Lunar Industries employee who is nearing the completion of his 3-year stint on the moon. Lunar Industries is there to mine earth's primary source of energy on the dark side of the moon. Sam is alone, his only contact with other humans during his 3 years is through taped video messages sent back and forth to his family on earth. Soon a strange accident takes place which leads to a mind-bending discovery. This is intelligent Sci-Fi that I just ate up with a spoon! Sam Rockwell's performance(s) is outstanding. The film has a very unique look to it, it most definitely was influenced by sci-fi films of the late 70's. The movie is directed by David Bowie's son - Duncan Jones, who does an excellent job with the low budget constraints. I can not express how much I love a movie that gives me a surprise....and then makes me think about it. Houston - We DON"T have a problem, this movie rocks!

Pick It Up


Queue Rating {1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 910}

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this. I love Rockwell and love anything sci-fi

    ReplyDelete